Paris, September 7, 2023 – Ateme, a global leader in video compression, delivery, and streaming solutions with innovation at its core, today unveils its groundbreaking Gen 7 STREAM encoding engine. At the heart of the new generation of TITAN video-processing solutions, Gen 7 goes beyond conventional video compression, delivering unparalleled performance and efficiency that power user experiences for the masses through a cutting-edge encoding core.
Leveraging artificial intelligence, Gen 7 is the productization of Ateme’s latest algorithms that have been recognized with three prestigious Technology & Engineering Emmy® awards. These algorithms enhance performance across all dimensions:
- They deliver greater bandwidth efficiency to ensure superior video quality at lower bitrates for H.264, HEVC, AV1, and VVC compression. Gen 7 developments are designed to work across all codecs wherever technically possible.
- They significantly boost processing density on Intel®, AMD®, and ARM® processors without compromising video quality. Broadcasters and service providers can host more channels on a single server, resulting in cost savings and contributing to a lower carbon footprint.
- They make content available globally thanks to high-fidelity standards conversion. State-of-the-art upscale, upmap and upmix is supported. Algorithms guarantee seamless motion in high-action sequences, achieved through high frame rates, top-quality deinterlacing, and motion interpolation. Additionally, they maintain the artistic intent of film grain.
- They democratize state-of-the-art immersive experiences, ensuring accessibility to a wide range of viewers, even during live streaming scenarios. Integrating the latest advances in High Dynamic Range (HDR) and color conversion, along with immersive and inclusive sound, the algorithms deliver vibrant and captivating colors and audio at a substantially reduced latency.
- They enable Spatial Computing, creating immersive and engaging 3D user experiences by efficiently transmitting content from different camera angles using Multiview High Efficiency Video Coding (MV-HEVC).
With a core that is intelligently designed for end-to-end video delivery, Gen 7 goes beyond compression, empowering broadcasters and service providers with advanced capabilities that enhance the complete delivery chain. For example, Gen 7 powers Ateme’s Audience-Aware Streaming solution. Using analytics from the Content Delivery Network (CDN), the compression core can dynamically reconfigure itself, optimizing resources based on actual audience demands while ensuring uninterrupted service delivery.
“Gen Z shows an appetite for more engaging, personalized, and interactive experiences, according to a recent report from Deloitte*” said Mickael Raulet, Chief Technology Officer at Ateme. “But such experiences require extremely powerful compression. We are excited to align with this trend by combining advanced technology, flexibility, and audience-awareness in Gen 7. This marks not only a technological advancement but also a step toward making extraordinary experiences available to everyone, while limiting our industry’s carbon impact.”
Exemplifying versatility, TITAN transcoders powered by Gen 7 seamlessly integrate with both on-premises and cloud-based video-delivery platforms, whether as a solution or SaaS. Ateme maintains infrastructure agnosticism to ensure seamless adaptation to the unique requirements of each customer.
The gradual roll-out of GEN 7 across all TITAN compression solutions will begin in Oct 2023 and will span the following weeks for a targeted completion by the end of 2023.
The various enhancements offered by Gen 7 will be showcased at Ateme’s booth in Hall 1, D33, during the IBC trade show in Amsterdam (Sept 15th-Sept 18th).
*2023 Media & Entertainment Industry Outlook
Ateme is a global leader of video compression and delivery solutions, helping tier-one content providers, service providers and streaming platforms boost their viewers’ engagement and reduce churn.
Leveraging an R&D task force that is unique in the video industry, Ateme’s solutions power sustainable TV services, improve end-users’ quality of experience, optimize the total cost of ownership of TV/VOD services, and generate new revenue streams based on personalization and ad insertion. Beyond offering technological agility, Ateme partners with its customers, offering flexible business models that match their financial priorities.
Find out more: www.ateme.com.