London, United Kingdom, 10 August 2023 – Rise, the award-winning advocacy group for gender diversity in the broadcast media technology sector, is excited to announce the pairings for its third annual mentoring scheme in North America.
This year’s mentoring programme caters to more participants from the region than ever before and includes a range of industry leaders from across the media and entertainment technology sectors.
This valuable scheme is made possible due to invaluable support from industry sponsors including BT Sport, Warner Brothers Discovery, ITV, AVID, BBC News, Black Magic Design, AE Live, Clear-Com, DPP, Deluxe, Grass Valley, Iron Mountain Entertainment Services, SKY, DAZN, Ross Video, SDVI, Gravity Media, Eluv.io, Calrec, Dalet, CVP, disguise, EVS, MOOV, Google Cloud, Red Bee, Vubiquity, netsight, Sony, Timeline TV, Pixotope, Brightcove, EMS Broadcast, ENVY, Broadfield, M2A Media, Pixelogic, Skyline, Tential and Splice.
Acceptance to the Rise programme provides members with entry to an exciting range of benefits including face-to-face networking events, workshops and seminars over the course of a six-month programme. Additionally, each mentor-mentee match up offers a minimum of 12 hours of personalised guidance offered in one on one sessions.
Hilary Roschke US Chapter Lead of Rise, said: “We have received an astounding level of interest for the 2023 programme North American programme and are excited to be able to offer this mentorship opportunity to another amazing group of women! We would like to thank our industry sponsors for supporting the programme as well as Carla Maroussas and Erin Rose Widner for their commitment to making this year’s program such a success ”
The mentor and mentee pairings for the 2023 North America programme are as follows:
North America Mentor and Mentees Pairings:
- Aleah Sigler, Social Media Coordinator and Administrative Assistant, Gold Country Media will be mentored by Cecelia Gordon, Vice President of Distribution, Starz
- Amy Bloom, Owner/Producer, Practical Magic will be mentored by Sandy Nasseri, CEO & Founder, MelroseINC
- Candice Lewis, Digital Media Producer will be mentored by Brooke Meredith, Vice President Client Partnerships, AirCards
- Carin Mazaira, Marketing Manager, disguise will be mentored by Julie Miller, Communications Consultant
- Chisom Ohiagu, Senior Applications Developer, Warner Brothers Discovery will be mentored by Alexis Martinez, Systems and Tooling Manager, Localization Operations, Amazon Studios
- Daniella Singh, Program Manager, Avid Technology will be mentored by Vickie Claiborne, Product Manager, Crew Services, PRG
- Divya Joshi, Technical Project Manager will be mentored by Lauren de la Fuente, Head of Marketing and Communications, Meta
- Eileen Kennedy-MacDonald, UX Researcher, Ross Video Ltd will be mentored by Magda Jagucka, SVP, WW Localization Operations, Deluxe Media
- Francesca Tantussi, Subtitling Project Manager, Deluxe Media will be mentored by Allison Martin-Fong, Director, Content Planning, BBC Studios
- Jennifer Bohnert, Post Production Supervisor will be mentored by Katie Fellion, Business Development Manager, Post Production, Netflix
- Julie Bowles, Studio Engineer, Camel City Sound Inc will be mentored by Christine Du Vall, Solutions Architect – North America, Ross Video
- Kathy Correia, Scripting Manager, Quality, Deluxe Media will be mentored by Hilary Roschke, VP of Strategic Operations, SDVI
- Lynsey Reesor, Manager, Renewal and Subscription Sales, Ross Video will be mentored by Candice Edwards, Global Head Industry Go to Market, Media & Entertainment, Salesforce
- Mackenzie Nicoli, Associate Product Manager, iPromote will be mentored by Liz Guenther, Post Production Audio Localization Executive, Deluxe Media
- Madison McCabe, Assistant Film Editor will be mentored by Amy McGrath, TV/Film Editor
- Megan McEwen, Hardware Developer, Ross Video will be mentored by Morgan Prygrocki, Senior Strategic Development Manager, Adobe
- Melissa Navas Ruiz, Manager, Warner Brothers Discovery will be mentored by Terri Davies, President, Trusted Partner Network (TPN) – Motion Picture Association
- Meryl Hathaway, Account Manager, Fulfilment, Deluxe Media will be mentored by Lori Schwartz, CEO and Principal, Curator of Experiences, Storytech
- Michelle DeLateur, Video Production Manager, Social Media Manager and Media Arts Teacher, Sun Valley Community School will be mentored by ErinRose Widner, Global Head of Business Strategy, Emerging and Creative Technologies, Verizon
- Nicole Porcello, Project Coordinator, will be mentored by Carolyn Crawford, Media Strategic Consultant, Crawford Media LLC
- Savannah Lew, Assistant Video Editor will be mentored by En Kelly, Senior Engineering Program Manager, Apple
- Tiff Pua, Instructor, TV and Video Production, Producer & Director, Milwaukee Area Technical College, Milwaukee PBS will be mentored by Jane Sung, COO, Cinedeck
- Veronica Dantas Colagrande, Video Editor will be mentored by Monica Daniel, Editor, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Victoria Taylor, Finishing Assistant Editor, Trailer Park Group will be mentored by JoAnne Kim, Owner and Chief Consultant, JoJiKi Productions
- Whitney Larkins, OTT Production Associate, Red Bee Media will be mentored by Geetanjali Dogra Mehta, Events and Content Manager, Magnifi
Rise was formed in 2017 to support and promote women working in the non-craft part of the broadcast media technology industry in operations, engineering, sales, marketing and business. Since its conception, Rise has grown to become a global network hosting events at Broadcast Asia, IBC and NAB. In Spring 2019, Rise won the National Women’s Mentoring Award at the National Mentoring Awards.
Rise’s six-month mentoring programme is designed to support women working in, or aspiring to work in, the UK’s broadcast technology sector. Its mission is to raise the profile of women within the sector, to encourage younger women to join or feel that they can progress and break the glass ceiling, to work with manufacturers to highlight the issues and help them to promote a diverse workforce, as well as to work with industry associations to gain traction and give credence, and to become a platform for smaller groups or individuals wanting to promote female diversity and to support groups promoting other diversities.
Follow Rise on Twitter at @Rise_WIB